View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2020 at 06:14 PM

It looks as if Wrench.com is averaging a complaint with the Better Business Bureau every couple of months. (estimate.) (I was curious.)
Revu2 I'm wishing you good vibes. I'm sorry you're dealing with bumps in the road. May they be temporary and easily smoothed out.

Me - All of a sudden I am swamped. Going from doing very little to swamped is a shock to the system. Also - I've been almost a hermit for the last three months. I've gotten out and I've talked to people, but just short bursts and usually over the phone. It's weird. Suddenly I'm doubting my social skills. I've always been a bit shy, but I've gotten over most of it as I grew older. Now, all of a sudden, I feel like it's the first day of kindergarten.

My steps for the next few days"

Today - call Lisa,
email Book club,
make up contest poster (more about this later)
talk to Ruben
Sunday - card to MIL
Monday - taxes
Tuesday - eye doctor.

The contest poster is a very cool project, and I'm in way over my head. I need cover art for my novel. My friend was going to make it for me, but she's dealing with horrific problems of her own and I don't want to add to them. I need a coral reef and a shark. Lots of color - eye-catching. My second friend told me talk to her daughter who is an amazing human being, and who is working on repairing/replacing coral reefs that were bleached out because of the warming oceans. (See Fragmentsofhope.org) I emailed her and asked if she had any such photos. She had a couple but not really what I want. She suggested a photo contest. The winner gets a cash donation to the non-profit of his/her choice. I'm going to change that to cash or donation, since a lot of people are feeling a pinch due to COVID. She said she'd post the contest on her Facebook page - she has 7000 friends on Facebook. The obstacle - Facebook has an app for contests that i can't figure out how to use. As I said, this person is amazing. So I feel I should get my part done ASAP. I haven't worked at top speed in years.
She has 7000 friends on Facebook. How cool is that!!!!! And her friends are the types who have photos of coral reefs. (They're also the types who would be interested in my novel..)

As I said, very cool, but I'm in way over my head. Please wish me good vibes. One step at a time.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote