View Single Post
Delphini

Member Since May 2020
8 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Jees. When you wrote about the therapist thinking you need to forgive your parents... I didn't like that. Especially when there's been sexual abuse, which is pretty obvious serious abuse (you don't need more details to know this).

I'd ditch this therapist he is actually adding to the problem. ...I would even recommend that you look into reading books by Alice Miller: she details how messed up many, INCLUDING therapists, in society are when it comes to condoning abuse of children by parents. ...She calls it "poisonous pedagogy" and it can be a revelation for many family of origin abuse recoverers to read about.

...NO YOU ARE NOT NUTS. YOU ARE THE SANE ONE! ...If there is ONE thing that my experience of abuse within my family has taught me it is this: Just because "the group" says it isn't wrong, does not make this a reality!!" ...So, don't let the mob dictate to you what is sane, because the mob can ne wrong and IS shown to have been at times verifiably wrong and insane! ...A lot of the experience of being an abuse recoverer is about believing in your own voice and the value of it.

Also, I just noticed: that term "Abuse Recoverer" (I used it because I liked it better than "Abuse Survivor") and it's neat because "recovery" means both healing from something as well as bringing something to light.

Your parents are most likely trying to salvage their reputation with your extended family.
Delphini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Cookiecrush

Thanks for this!
Bill3