View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM

I once was using Google Maps to navigate in a small town in Argentina. It didn't work too well because it directed my parents and me to the wrong location. We were trying to make it to the airport on time to fly back to Buenos Aires. Google Maps had directed us to a random field instead of the airport. We were supposed to return a rental car, so this was where Google Maps thought the rental car drop off place was.

After that, we finally made it to the airport, where the car rental drop off place actually was.

However, I had to make a call to the people at the rental car place so that they would tell me where the rental car drop off place actually was.

I remember my parents didn't have any cell phone service. So they couldn't contact me when I was inside talking to the rental car people trying to return the car.

My parents were told by a policeman that they had to move. In broken Spanish, my parents told the policeman something that allowed them to stay about five minutes more.

This was all while I was inside speaking to the rental car guy, trying to get the car paperwork figured out so that we could return the car.

Finally, we were able to return the rental car. We were somewhat afraid we'd miss our flight, but it all worked out.

It was one of those stories that was stressful in the moment, but I look back on it as humorous.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451