Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2020 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I think that perphenazine (Trilafon) is the most effective medication I've ever taken...and that's out of at least 30+ different meds and countless med combinations.

I've raised the dose to 10mg/day (6mg a.m., 4mg p.m.). The great news is that I have no additional tremor than I had at 8mg. Yay! That would be the deal breaker.

As for melatonin...eh. Sometimes helps me fall asleep, but it doesn't seem to do too much as far as staying asleep. Melatonin and valerian together is a possible option.

Had achilles tendon surgery 5/28. It went very well. I have a cast on for 3 more weeks, then I'll transition to a "boot." I admit that I am exhausted, the cast is heavy, but it's okay...the goal is to be able to walk normally eventually. I'm excited about that.

I did venture out to get my hair cut. Our numbers in NorCal are decently stable (unlike SoCal, 500 miles down south). Getting my hair cut really lifted my spirits, plus it was terrific to see my stylist after all these months. Besides that venture I am staying entirely in my apartment. Living upstairs makes going out mostly impossibly with cast/crutches (stairs). But it's okay; going out is very tiring.

I was on an opiate pain med for 2 weeks. When it was time to stop it I had no problem with doing so (except that of course, the pain is slightly worse).

Having a rough time with teletherapy (as I've been ranting all over the forum about ). I absolutely know that it's better than no therapy, but wow- do I miss having appointments in her office. I miss being with her in the same space. I just wish there was a set time for when we'll meet IRL again, but there isn't one, at all. I doubt it will happen for many months.

Trilafon has been a big game-changer for me, too. I was headed straight for Clozaril, but that Trilafon has just nipped my badass 8 months of psychosis right in the bud. Hooray!

Hope your leg heals quickly, Beth. What a pain being up the stairs. Be careful getting down those...

I have my next telemedicine pdoc thing in a week. I do not like not being able to see well, but, we are still not really open in this state and our numbers were a record-high on Thursday. People here are mainly very pro-mask, pro-distancing in the city. Out of town, in the rural areas, they have been having close gatherings with no masks in protest of whatever civil right you call it when you try to save thousands and thousands of lives by not being a complete freaking moron.. 22nd amendment or something? Dunno.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*