Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I have no reading materials to suggest either, for some of the same reasons fern cited. Also, other than what I learned in my Abnormal Psychology class, in the DSM, online, and brief stories on this forum (and from a friend), I'm far from an expert on Borderline PD. I think it is true that handing her a book about it could anger her, but if she ever stumbled upon one, I would think a memoir could be a good first.

I suspect that my sister's husband may have BPD. He has exhibited many of the classic symptoms. But he's slightly further removed from me than your ex is from you. My main concern about my b-i-l has been the effects of his behavior on my sister and nephews. There have been serious ones. Though your ex may be different than my b-i-l in various ways, I still think that you should be most concerned about your child right now. Your ex's behavior as an effect on them.
So sorry about your BIL. Yeah, what worries me most is tht my daughter is quite bright and that she will pick up on her mom's tendency to very freely play fast and loose with the truth and will think that is the right approach in life. Very worried about this. I am going to have to have a talk with her at some point about this on the DL, but not yet sure how to pull that off. She is 12, very smart, very sweet and empathetic, just constitutionally. She does not have at this point any of the bpd leanings that one might see in an incipient case. Hopefully, she will be okay.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341