View Single Post
marycarmen

Member Since Jun 2020
5 hugs
given
Default Jun 15, 2020 at 06:48 AM

Hi
I was looking for a self help group online and I found this. I'm divorced for 4 years and I am starting to get my life back together but I still feel so bad about everything that surrounded my divorce that I can't help to think that this is quite abnormal. I married my second high school boyfriend and we wheretogether for 24 years when I decided to get out. It was a jump in the void, and I did it only because the suffering was unbearable. We had two kids, we were best friends and very close, but for five years things where going more and more complicated. He didn't have a job, he didn't look for one, when an offer came he didn't accept it and he was getting more and more difficuld to handle, always jumpy, dissatisfied. He didn't help around in the house chores either, and he has a pain in the *** with the kids, always nagging us about nearly everything. I endured it all because I could not bear the thought of divorcing him, selling our home and have that single mother life I supose all women dread...He had two affairs that last year we were married. I couldn't handle it any more, and he refused to acept that I wanted out. And that was it. We had like two years of awfull fights about everything, from furniture to how to divide the kids custody. A freaking nightmare. My best friend, my lifetime companion... It devastaded me, it still does.
How long will it hurt? How many years do I still have to endure this mistrust and this heartache?
marycarmen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
maker, Open Eyes, Raindropvampire, Vegansphynx