View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Jun 15, 2020 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbluish View Post
My bigger concern is that it is more than a mid-life crises. He has Alzheimer’s on both sides of his family. He is not acting like himself and says he feels he needs to be away from everyone, including his best friends. He keeps saying he needs rest. Yes, I am hurt, I am confused, I am concerned. He loves he and tells me all of the time and shows me. This wanting a separation came out of the blue. I know it is not an affair. I want him to see a doctor but he doesn’t think he needs to and his problems is with everyone else. I want to be supported but damn, I am heartbroken.
Maybe im misunderstanding, but are you attributing to him not acting himself to alzheimers? Because based just off what you told us, it just sounds like he's dealing with personal issues.Him suddenly wanting to separate may have been something he's deliberated on for a while, Especially given the fact that he has been in therapy, has denied couples therapy.

I can certainly understand the concern for him long term if he were to separate permanently, and it sounds like you've expressed that to him.

He says he wants to be away from everyone. Does that include cutting off communication with everyone? Maybe if he were to go through with it, you can still maintain contact? And I'd assume you'd know where he lived.

Furthermore, do you know his reasons for wanting to do all this? You say rest and wanting to be away from everyone. But what does he want to rest from?And does it have anything to do with the issues you guys have had in the past?

Im sorry I don't have much to say in terms of dissuading him from that particular course of action, or trying to resolve the issues in the relationship. But he seems determined, has denied working things through in couples therapy ( Do you know why?) and has been in therapy himself. There's only so much you can do if he's not meeting you halfway
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote