View Single Post
FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Jun 16, 2020 at 09:52 AM

I'm currently taking Seroquel for acute treatment of a mixed episode. I find that for me there's a very narrow therapeutic range where the Seroquel alleviates my symptoms. If I'm below that dosage, the mixed symptoms come back with a vengeance. But if I go too high with the dosage, I start to become anhedonic, unmotivated, empty, desperate, suicidal, and I basically feel more dead than alive.

In my case the difference between being balanced with Seroquel and going out of control again is only about 50mg up or down from my "goldilocks zone." I think it's related to how seroquel works on different neuroreceptors based on dosage. I guess in my case it requires only minor dosage variations for the Seroquel to start affecting different receptors.

This would be okay if I could just find a single dosage that I'm stable on. However, what has happened repeatedly now is that I go up to my "right" dosage, then I'm stable for about a week, and then things deteriorate again. I suspect it's because the Seroquel (XR) is not being fully metabolized in 24 hours, so it sort of builds up after a while. I'm trying to tackle this issue by reducing my dosage temporarily (1-2 days) when I start to get worse, but every time this happens it takes a few days before I start to feel right again. It's starting to get pretty annoying having to constantly tweak these meds. It doesn't feel like a stable situation at all, more like a rollercoaster.

Has anyone else had the same experience? I'm starting to think I might be better off with a different med, but then again I don't want to write Seroquel off too soon because when the dosage is right, it does work pretty well for me.
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Living in LaLa Land

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist