Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2020 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappingRope View Post
What's the nature of the dissociation? Just wondering because there are other possibilities than trauma, such as form of epilepsy where the sufferer experiences periods of blankness they aren't aware of. They just stare blankly for a time and then come back to consciousness. Onlookers often mistake it for inattentiveness or dissociation buts it's caused by excessive stimulation of a region of the brain called the claustrum.
Well, I guess the nature is that, pretty much whenever she is faced with pain from her past, of which there is a whole lot, she heads off into a non-factual universe, in which none of those bad things ever happened. Even though they all very much did. She manages to make that information, that part of her brain, essentially inaccessible to her. I don't think she is lying. I did for a long time. But it is way. way, way beyond lying. She just has no conscious access to that information in her brain.

I ran across some of her private online activity when this all was discovered. I must say, the writing, that voice, teh language and content, it sounded quite literally like a totally differen human being than what I had known her to be. Very dark, huge, huge risk-taker. Lotta immoral and illegal conduct. Huge cheater, huge liar, huge embezzler. Secret drug problem. Etc.

So, I did actually entertain the notion of some type of DID, but I just do not know anything about it, really. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn