Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2020 at 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Sorry you are hurting.

I personally wouldn’t confide at work. Not to a management. I mean I would if it’s something already happening and I need support like time off work etc but not if I am just considering it but might not follow through. And not to someone I don’t particularly trust like your HR person. Personally I’d keep it quiet at this point.

Like you said they are back stabbers. Even the most wonderful companies are there to protect their business, not their employees. Sadly that’s how it is. Screw them.
Thank you.

It's too late for that since I already confided. Oh well. I had spoken to her previously during the initial weeks of COVID and she had referred me to the company's EAP for counseling services, so she knew then that I was having a tough time.

It is a "family-like" culture where people commonly do share what's going on for them personally. The CEO himself used to chat with me all the time when I sat close to his office. He would stop by my desk almost once a day to chit chat about life - not about work, but about life. He even wrote me a personal email not too long ago to "check in" with me and see how I am doing. I do have a personal relationship on some level with both the CEO and the Business Manager. We've talked a lot about life in many different casual conversations.

If another job happens to pop up and I leave, I suppose this will all be a moot point, which is what I am hoping for. I just applied for another Director level role last weekend.

I was just upset over the Business Manager's comment during our social virtual hour. Totally insensitive.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote