MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2020 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelin View Post
I have been sexually assaulted twice. I ended up in a relationship with the person who did it the first time, and though I have mentally blocked most of it out, I know that it has messed with my body image in more ways then I could count.

However, my internal struggle could not be more turbulent. Over this last year, I find that my mental has started to affect relationships that i had before this all started, and the new relationships i've just formed. It's straining all of them, and I don't know how much more of me my friends and boyfriend can take.

Of course there's more I could talk about, but i feel like this is a good intro?
Ok, I get the financial bit. If you're wanting to start here first, it'll help if you can elaborate how this internal struggle is affecting you and your new relationships. For example, what's happening now? How's your body image affecting you today? What are you hoping to improve in your life, specifically?

I agree with your mom, therapy is a good idea. This is a sensitive topic so I'm not sure how willing you are about getting into it on an open forum. Sometimes the cost is worth it.. even if it's for a couple of visits.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote