View Single Post
pinksoil

Default Apr 21, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I just came back from my appointment with him. He strongly urges me to go into the hospital, thinking that it will be beneficial for me as far as my cutting, if nothing else. He is going to call T and discuss it with him. If I am going to do this, this is the only time for me-- because I am in between school and my new job right now. I'm only working three days per week at my current job, and they wouldn't have a problem if I had to take off for a bit. I have no idea what to do, so let me do the sensible thing and ask a bunch of people who I don't know-- Should I go?

Also, not to be rude, but if your comments are about how the hospital is an awful, scary, terrible place, I do not need to hear them. That is not helpful because I am familiar with the hospital in which I would be staying at. It has separate units (including a women's unit for people with problems similar to mine), private rooms, and gorgeous grounds. Also, I just spent a year as a therapist in an inpatient hospital, learning about all the good the right hospital can do for someone who is willing to accept the help. I was only inpatient once, almost nine years ago, when I was 18. That was not a plesant experience and I left after one day, Against Medical Advice.

Well, now I'm going to meet with the human resources department of my soon to be job as a therapist. Can we say... fraud? That's what I feel like today. Like a fraud. Like nothing is real.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote