Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2020 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
It was a cbt thing I learned...the therapist told me if things that used to make me happy weren’t working then I should double up the positive energy, I changed it to triple.

So you just pick three activities, one each for a different sense. Example ....I like animals so I might visit a zoo and take photos while enjoying a snack or drink, three fun things at once. It amplifies the experience the more you do at once.

You might like biking, Some music and one more thing....maybe you’d like to take photos too?

Idk but you can pick scented candles or other scent, taste, etc but you need to do at least three things at once.

If you can afford it you can also buy something new that’s small, a scented soap, a new type of drink(mocktail)?

Maybe cooking a new item is fun for you? Bake some cupcakes while calling a friend and enjoy both the smell and taste and sound.

Touch is the most difficult if your alone so break out a squeazy ball or a fidget spinner. Whatever it is three different sense, three activities....
This is awesome, I can definitely see how it would help. I'll have to try it sometime

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, bpcyclist, Sometimes psychotic