Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2020 at 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMop View Post
I wonder if you could just step back a few feet from her when she gets into your personal space? These days that would not be considered weird or rude. You could turn slightly away from her, step back and if she persists you could tell her you are busy and leave the conversation. I have always struggled to speak up and one thing I’ve found is that sometimes walking away from a situation is a better option than trying to say something. In this case, you really shouldn’t need to say something because social distancing is technically what we are expected to be doing right now.

I was going to say the same thing about stepping farther away from her when she talks to you.

Also, while it boggles my mind a little, why people do what they do during corona virus, in terms of not being safe or putting others at risk, there's many reasons (forgetting, not being mindful, being openly defiant, having a fear of masks, etc etc). But none of them are so great that you should have to risk your own health and safety, especially when your immune system is compromised. I struggle with speaking up in those situations too. Like LilyMop said though, maybe you can still assert yourself without being so direct (since that is uncomfortable to you).
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna