View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
76 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2020 at 05:15 AM

greentires4me, So sorry you're dealing with bad back pain too. It really is debilitating.

I heard back from my Dr. yesterday. I only have the one fractured vertebrae that we already knew about, and there was no sign of arthritis. But I have a rather bad scoliosis which she thinks is the cause of the pain.

She's recommended physiotherapy. Now will come the trick of finding a physiotherapy clinic which will accept gov't insurance, which is all I have, and pays out at a much lower rate than private insurance, so a lot of clinics don't accept it. I'm hoping I can find some place relatively close to me.

But on a seriously positive note, she also gave me the results of my last bone density scan, and it was normal, which is a minor miracle, given the years I spent drinking which causes calcium loss, as dose a couple of my meds, that I've been on long term.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady