View Single Post
Iloivar

Member Since Sep 2018
2 hugs
given
Default Jun 19, 2020 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbluish View Post
He’s had dizzy spells and vertigo. Insurance wouldn’t helps with a CT scan. He got really dark last summer and had a hard time getting out of bed. He was really depressed. He just finished a PhD. He feels there is nothing left. He said it wasn’t

me at first and now blames me, his family, my family...He has not cut off with friends but it was odd he mentioned he could easily do it today. He did say we can do couples counseling. He will come home for the day or we can do it via online. We will maintain contact but I am not sure how often. He loves Zoom and FaceTime with friend but because of his changed personality, I know some have distanced themselves. I want him to get better. The man I married and have known for all of these year wouldnÂ’t recognize who is is now. He says he has worked so hard his entire life and now need rest. The only people who knows we are separating are myself and a cousin he had recently become close to.

I know there is only so much I can do but telling him it is he stays or itÂ’s over doesnÂ’t seem to be the right answer now. I want to but that may only push him further away. He did tell me if he stays, he feels our relationship will end, but, if he goes he feels there can be reconciliation. There was a time when he was really dark that he couldnÂ’t even show affection. He now shows affection much more often but I still see the darkness surface. Just vented here. Thanks for listening.
I think you are right in your instinct thinking an ultimatum isn't the right answer, after all, he did agree to couples counseling, and just based off your updates it seems he's becoming less closed off. I hope the couples therapy comes to fruition and ends up helping.

Feel free to keep on updating us if you want.
Iloivar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote