View Single Post

Default Apr 21, 2008 at 02:56 PM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
pinksoil said:
I just came back from my appointment with him. He strongly urges me to go into the hospital, thinking that it will be beneficial for me as far as my cutting, if nothing else. Should I go?

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

I was responding to your comment about the cutting where you say the above. This comment makes it appear that the hospital issue is strongly suggested because of your cutting. You mention no other issues in your post, except that this is a good time to go to the hospital and how the grounds of the hospital are well-kept, etc.

You did not say, I have been terribly depressed, having violent mood swings, etc that are affecting my life more now than before. This is what you said and this is what I responded to. Obviously if you are cutting, these issues are here. But the question really is, are your issues interfering more with your life than before. That is when most people are admitted to the hospital. You did not mention this. You mentioned the cutting.

You asked for responses and I responded based on my experience in hospitals and cutting issues. And as I stated, yes, it will prevent you from doing the act while you are there, but once you get out, nothing will have changed. The only thing that will change the behvaior is intensive therapy. If you need scientific referenecs, I will be happy to supply them. Attacking me for responding to what you posted is out of line. I responded to your question.

What you really wanted was support and not suggestions about whether to go or not. Because if you wanted suggestions either way, you would not have been so quick to dismiss my response.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote