Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2020 at 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I wonder if people were making fun of themselves that they are “still” married despite being quarantined with their husbands for who knows how long. My daughter and I were talking about it the other day that there might be an increase in break ups after Covid because people spend a lot of time together and for some couples it might be an eye opening how things really are. So being “still” married might be a joke

I also have to say that people don’t usually give much thought to other people’s marriages unless it’s maybe a close family or best friends. Even though you shared with her about your situation, it’s very likely hasn’t been on her mind at all. It doesn’t mean people don’t care, they do, it’s just not on their mind at other times., people have their own lives on their minds.

I am just being realistic. Not saying you shouldn’t feel hurt. It could still feel that way.
Thanks, @divine1966!

You make really great points here. It COULD have been a joke, and my own personal situation COULD have easily fallen off her radar. This is all very possible.

I too, have thought about more people divorcing or breaking up due to COVID. I know I am not alone in this experience, and I am sure that many couples out there have been suffering.

A co-worker told me that he and his new wife have been fighting a lot more due to the 24/7 togetherness. They just married last Nov.

I appreciate your input. I am a lot less peeved about it now, a couple weeks later. At the time, I was really sensitive over it.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote