Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2013
601 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2020 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahsays View Post
I'm not impressed that your psychiatrist would apparently be on board with using sexual flattery as a therapeutic intervention. Did you tell her he said he has had sexual fantasies about you? I'm sorry, my mind is having trouble grasping how that could possibly be in your interests. I don't think it would be ok for a friend to say that to you, let alone a professional. It's like... sexual harassment or something.

To be honest I’m not really sure why my psychiatrist reacted the way she did. Maybe she just didn’t want to scare me? I told her everything he’s said, from having fantasies to admitting that he’s thought of me while doing something sexual. It’s kinda crazy-making how different her response was from nearly everyone here. I don’t even know what to think anymore.

Today I tried to talk to him about how my sexual feelings towards him are still there and bothering me, but I don’t feel like it helped at all. It’s like he doesn’t understand how distressing it is for me to want more with my therapist, while simultaneously needing him to remain safe. I feel like what I really need to tell him is that I think he messed up in sharing so much with me—but I’m terrified to do that. I also know it’s my fault because I asked him, so I can’t really complain. I know why he did it and I don’t think he had bad intentions. He wanted to model honesty and show that “thoughts are just thoughts,” and we aren’t bad for simply having thoughts. I don’t think I was in a good place emotionally to be able to handle hearing so much honesty from him though. It’s left me confused and made me question things a lot. I still trust him and don’t believe he would ever allow anything psychical to happen, but idk. I want to tell him this so bad, but then there’s part of me that doesn’t want to shut it down in case he shares more personal thoughts about me. I want to know more, even though I know I shouldn’t.
SummerTime12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight