View Single Post
singindabluz

Member Since Jul 2018
16 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2020 at 04:37 AM

Hi Betty,

I’m so sorry to hear that you were denied SSDI. As you may have heard, MANY if not MOST SSDI applications are initially denied - regardless of how good your documentation is.

Please consider appealing your denial. You have a specific and short amount of time to file the appeal. Do not let it lapse or you will have to start from scratch.

You should also take this time to find a local lawyer who specializes in Social Security disability claims. As my lawyer explained, most SSDI cases are won during the appeal process. And these SS disability lawyers only collect a small portion of your back pay received after you are awarded your benefits.

I won the appeal with the help of my lawyer after being denied twice and had to go to a hearing in front of the Administrative Law Judge.

If you believe that you are disabled and deserve to receive SSDI, do pursue your appeal! With the assistance of a good lawyer you will be able to present your best case. If you are unsure whether or not you have a good enough case, the least you should do is talk to a few SS disability lawyers to get their advice. They usually don’t charge for the first initial consultation.

I can imagine all that you are going through. Been there myself, as have many others on this forum.

Best of luck to you, Betty_Banana. Take care.
singindabluz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Betty_Banana

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, BeyondtheRainbow, unaluna