mote.of.soul
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2018
22k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2020 at 12:16 AM

@Travelinglady

Yes, there are a lot of questions and I'm just not able to help because, for me, personally, I think the whole notion of 'race' - which has undergone it's own evolution over the centuries - is itself the problem(!) as all it does is divide people into groups and categories which in reality, don't even exist. Race is a social construct, friend. Cultures exist, yes, but that's not the same as so called 'race'. And color of skin isn't race any more than brown hair is a distinct 'race' or people having hairier legs than others is a distinct 'race'. And there's no race gene. Why? Because it doesn't exist. And look at all the problems it causes in societies everywhere - "Oh, you belong to that race. You're not the same as me." And it's all wrong, Travelinglady. That's why I identify simply as a human being, forget race. But guess what? In today's societies, even that idea is controversial! Me: "I identify as a human being." Society: "Oh, no you don't. You must adhere to a specific race!!" 🤣🤣 But, do people have the right to adhere to racial ideas and concepts? Of course they do. And other people have the right to challenge it, as well.

I can't speak for how people who adopt a racial approach to their lives should think, though, because I'd like to see the whole idea vanish in a puff of smoke. Pooof!!

That's why I said I can't be of any help to anyone seeking a racial identity, and I really do hope NOS-NOS finds some peace of heart and mind with any issue being faced. And I'm sorry if I hijacked your thread with possibly triggering views too, NOS-NOS.

Peace & Love. That's all from me.
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady