Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2020 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelinglady View Post
Really? People who look like a certain race but identify as a different one? And that's accepted? That's good to know. So many choices. And I get frustrated even by all the different kinds of shampoo and toothpaste....

I know some people no longer identify as either male or female. Our world is sure changing. I'm okay with it, but it sure takes some adjustments in how things are structured--such as male bathrooms versus female, clothes differences, etc.

So, do we need to ask somebody how they identify? That makes life more interesting.
Where does it need to be accepted??? Accepted by whom? Who is going to question???

Many mixed race people look like more like one race, but it doesn’t mean they can’t claim other race. Have you never met biracial (for example black and white) people who look very white. Are you saying they are not allowed to say they are of black race because they don’t look black enough???? Or biracial (for example black and Asian) people must identify as blacks as they look more black than Asian? I am so extremely confused. Where do you get this stuff? Are you saying biracial people must claim whatever race they look more like and in addition they must seek acceptance by someone when they claim their identity??? By whom?

Who do you need to ask how they identify? Just come up to strangers and ask? Why? You don’t think doctors need to ask ethnicity and race (legitimate questions) but some strangers could question people’s identity?

Honestly I am so confused by your posts.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
unaluna