View Single Post
Discombobulated
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2020 at 05:00 PM

Wow, so it's 7 months on and in terms of what we have all been experiencing in terms of our lives and freedoms the last 4 months have been strange.

Here is the thing. I saw this friend a couple of times after we patched things up but it just wasn't the same. I think I thought it might need time to settle after the fall out. But next thing is lockdown happened and nobody saw anyone other than who they lived with for such a long time.

The thing is I notice I have not missed this person one bit. The last time I spoke to them by phone was 6 weeks ago and left me feeling like I did not want to repeat the experience. Yet I felt like lockdown was not the time to call it quits, this person was suffering loneliness. Our other friends were concerned about them, I was too.

Also I kept thinking "We were such good friends" like I shouldn't give up. But more and more I see a side of this person I don't like. Last night they texted (not a regular thing these days) and I replied with a photo of a display a colleague made with rhyming couplets, I thought it was cute and funny. "She will never be poet laureate" was the reply.. . This is typical. Negative, tactless.

Yet I feel bad. Like I should give them more patience. Yet if I am honest my patience ran out. They texted to ask if I wanted to meet up and I really don't.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, RoxanneToto, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto, TunedOut, WovenGalaxy