Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 28, 2020 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoad007 View Post
If the time came that your husband moved out, could you move (transfer your lease) into a one bedroom or studio/bachelor suite within the same complex?
Could be far cheaper to move, and possible to recruit a bunch of friends to help with the move and you provide refreshments/pizza/beer etc. No expensive moving company required. Your up front fees (first, last, security or whatever) from your two bedroom unit could possibly be transferred over to your new smaller unit.

As no truck would be required, you could even hire a couple of men on an hourly basis to move you, along with any friends who chose to show up. It would be far cheaper than paying a moving company.
Even paying for utility connection fees, the move could be done for under $1000 if the above scenario were possible. You can rent dollys for the day to easily move big stuff. Your hired men may even have their own dollys.
Aw thanks for the suggestions!!!

However, there wouldn’t be a spot available in the building and I wouldn’t want to stay in the same spot. I’d like a completely fresh start, somewhere new and untainted.

I can definitely save the money needed to move, including movers, but it’s going to take months to save what I need unfortunately. IF I can get a higher paying job, I can move more quickly...I am applying at least once a week for a new job. So there’s that.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote