Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 28, 2020 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pliepla View Post
I would yell at my younger me, kick him, and beat him until the younger me would show his parents his middle finger, tell them they should have adopted an engineer instead of having me I would make sure he would pack his things, leave the house and carve out his own path.

After all, studying, working and eventually falling out of a job I loathed (in more than one way) always turns out to be the basis of my mental issues so given the opportunity, I would have done anything to save myself. Even a good beating probably would have been less traumatizing than growning up in the knowledge I should have been somebody else.
I can understand you wanting to change who you were. I'd make sure I didn't repeat a lot of the mistakes I made too. Not change the course of history entirely. I would still go to the same college, got the same job, meet the same people I actually do like and who treat me well, and everything else. Just would have avoided certain people and events that, at the time, I got the sense wasn't going to be a good idea but I ignored those gut feelings anyway. I'd give myself a beating too. I was a real idiot to the point of embarrassment.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote