View Single Post
PrettyBoy17

Member Since Jun 2020
4 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2020 at 10:56 PM

• Driving (I've even had a job where driving people was part of the job)
  • Driving on highways
  • Driving in a rural area at night (well, for the most part...it still provokes my fear of getting lost which I'm not "over")
  • Driving in rush hour/moderate-sized cities. Don't think I'll ever be able to take on New York or Chicago, but I have driven in places like Lincoln, Omaha, Kansas City, and St. Louis even with heavy traffic. It can still freak me out, but I don't avoid doing it.

So...driving has been a process, but I think I could drive in just about any circumstance without a panic attack or high anxiety for the most part.
  • Going through drive-thrus
  • Calling and making appointments
  • Making phone calls (had to do that for a job and I'm sure I will at my new job...if I make a script of what I need to say I can manage it even if it's uncomfortable)
  • Singing by myself in front of people (I still have anxiety, but at least I manage to do it since it's part of my job)
  • Going to stores by myself (even new stores and occasionally big stores)

That's all I can think of right now anyway. I've always been a very anxious person, even as a child. I think even teachers were concerned if I remember right. I had a very difficult time even going to school because of anxiety (even though I excelled academically). But I've been living alone as an adult for a while now and have slowly gotten better at being able to have a full adult life.
PrettyBoy17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43372

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks