View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jun 30, 2020 at 07:47 AM

So here we are again... June 30th.. the time we have to make an election for insurance for the upcoming year. And my co trustee is no place to be found. This is exactly what happened last year. I was left holding the bag at the last moment. While everyone else was off on "vacation". This year I even sent some e-mails to my co trustee ahead of time mentioning it.. no response. From the start this particular trustee seems unwilling to support me in anyway. He is also beyond slow. He wants to be in charge but doesn't want to do any of the work.

I got in a little tiff with the controller of my management company-- I don't even know why as I wasn't asking for much. And I had to e-mail him to ask him to support me. I mean? He wants to talk about the property manager and I make myself available. He wants to have a meeting and I make myself available. But him. Nope.

He is ridiculous as well. Last month a resident reported a bird in her attic. The property management company came out and got the bird out.. then talked to the resident and noted there was a hole in the dormer. The resident put in a request to have it fixed but went into some detail about what the property management company had said. I immediately gave permission to have it fixed. DUH a hole in an attic should be immediately fixed. This guy gets upset because the property management company talked to the unit owner. Huh? And also he requested a "report" from the employee before we get it fixed. Are you kidding? We have bats here. Of course like a moron I supported him.

This is the same crap that got me on the board in the first place. When a woman puts in a request (even if her request comes from a man) it is immediately questioned by a man. Not to mention that I wasn't endorsing what the resident wrote -- no duh -- I was endorsing fixing the hole. This same resident has requested that the board fix some issues in her attic the board refused. I have tried in vain to just explain to her the reason why. The rest of the board refuses to tell her. I do not get it. There is no reason NOT to tell her.

Last month we got a letter from insurance stating that we needed to remove the gas grills on our decks. He has a gas grill. I do not. He said he would talk to the person who sent the letter. He comes back to me and tells me all we need to do is recommend to the residents that they remove the grills. I wanted to clarify with him that the insurance guy said we only need to recommend that the grills get removed. Because honestly I don't buy that. If we have a fire after receiving a letter that said they must be removed and then ORALLY they say a recommendation is sufficient... obviously the insurance won't pay when we have a fire.

He fails to answer the question and states.. IN his opinion it would be negligence by the board if we didn't recommend it and put it in writing? Way to duck the question. SO fine since he knows all.. I said, why don't you draft the letter. 30 days later.. no draft. If we got a new insurance company this whole issue might go away but, he is no place to be found.

I want the gills gone. There is no need to take the risk. Electric grills are allowed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady, unaluna