Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 30, 2020 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Grilled Chickedn With Red Peppers and Basil, Martha Stewart

Thsi is really a terrific summer dish with the bright colors, sweet corn and peppers, and yummy basil. Highly recommendded and pretty easy and fairly cheap.

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons fresh balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tabelspoons chicken stock
1 garlic clove minced
1 1/2 pound trimmed boneless chicken breasts, but if you like dark meat, no problemo
2 red bell peppers, or one red, one orange is fun, too
salt and pepper
8 big basil leaves
1 thinly sliced shallot
Four ears corn

Directions

In a shallow dish, whisk together oil, stock, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic. Add chicke, turning a few times to coat for maybe 20 minutes. I like to have more marinade to pour over the tope at the end, so I often make a bit more of this. I recommend doing that. Just expand the recipe by a factor of 2, usually.

On a stovetop or outdoor grill, grill the peppers, turning until skin is charred. Place in paper bag or on ice, whichever method you like. You can always roast peppers in the oven, too, on 400. I like the paper bag technique. Then, peel skin and slice into 1/4 pieces. Place in bowl, salt and pepper to taste, and add the reserved marinade and coat.

Slice corn off the cobs. In a large sautee pan, caramelize the shallots however you normally caramelize. I prefer butter, but olive oil works and is healthier. Once shallots are done, throw in the corn for just a minute. If you cook it too long, it will lose its moisture and shrink up, so, just warm it up is how I do this step. Maybe a minute is all. Remove from burner.

Grill the chicken, mayb 4 minutes a side. Slice into maybe 1/3 inch wide strips.

In a large serving dish, place corn and shallot mixture across bottom of dish. Add chicken artfully and then, peppers across thetop in a line. Chope basil roughly and sprinkle over top. Pour reserved marinade over the whole thing and serve!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like summer to the max!

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist