View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2020 at 02:20 PM

Do you think it's okay to be friends with someone when there is a huge age gap? Like more than 10 years old or something? It could be someone who is either way older than you or way younger than you. Wasn't sure what your thoughts were. I've heard that it's okay for some people but for others, not so much. Also I think age comes into play as well. I know one person, who is 27, thinks it's okay to be friends with someone who is only 17. The person thinks that if it's between two females then it is okay. It's only not okay when it's between a male and female or two males.

Personally, I think that is not okay at all. Mainly because I work at a high school so all my instincts start screaming, "No! Bad idea!" It makes me nervous when I hear anyone, who is way over 21 and even out of college claim that they are friends with someone under the age of 21 and still in high school. The person doesn't work at a school, neither does her 17 year old coworker, but still, way too young in my opinion. I think it's very inappropriate and nothing good comes out of that, regardless of gender. As for people who are both over the age of 21, it may be more acceptable and more lenient, but I think it could still be seen as weird. Do you think it's weird to be friends with someone with a huge age gap? Just wondered what you guys thought.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote