Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jul 02, 2020 at 03:52 PM

It's not safe to take Benedryl every night, even if you switched to Tylenol PM which has Benedryl in it. Try to just stick to Melatonin. You can increase your Melatonin dosage and since its safe, you'll never overdose on it and it would depress your breathing the higher the dose, the way that diphenhydramine does. That ingredient is what makes you drowsy. But it's not safe to take every night for long-term.

Ugh. Long ago I was PX benzos and even scary Trazodone for my insomnia. Neither worked and actually screwed up my sleep royally. Took me 2 years to fix my circadian rhythms after I got off those two scary drugs.

What fixed my sleep was a sleep study. I found out I am a segmented sleeper in addition to the fact that my first stage of sleep lasts longer than its supposed to, so that's why I can't fall asleep quickly. What I do now, is stop using my computer and cellphone and stop watching tv and read about 45 minutes before I want to try to fall asleep. All it does is relax me. Reading doesn't knock me out, but it helps me calm down. Or, sometimes I'll color (studies show coloring is a huge stress reliever for every age).

There's a gazillion things you two can try instead of taking something OTC or prescribed for sleep. Try all of those ideas first. See if any help.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote