View Single Post
Anonymous41006

Red face Jul 02, 2020 at 05:49 PM

Saw new PCP Monday. She wants me tested for circulation issues in my right leg but we've got to hold off because the coronavirus is running rampant in our community again! The tests have to be run at the hospital and she doesn't want me going anywhere near one of those right now! I have been assured my leg is not going to fall off in the meantime, and she's encouraged me to try to get some type of exercise no matter how painful it is, so I bought one of these and have started out at 20 minutes a day ...

I researched them and found they are highly recommended (and effective) for physical therapy, seniors with balance issues, people recovering from foot, hip and leg injuries, cardiovascular health, circulation, etc. I always thought they were kind of a joke but evidentally not!

So, maybe it will help build up a little muscle in my legs so walking isn't quite so painful anymore, we'll see.

I am also considered at risk for severe illness if exposed to the virus according to the CDC so we have a reasonable accommodation request specifically for Covid-19 in the works. This one is requesting that I be allowed to continue to telework from home due to health issues until the risk of exposure has abated.

This one isn't the same as the existing one pertaining to my reassignment - which I've been assured is not going to be a problem at all thank goodness! We have a really great HR Team in my division and they go to bat right fiercely for their employees - especially the good ones which I keep being told that I am one of those, and I need to believe what other people think of me because how I see myself is often skewed by the horrid messages from that sh*tshow I grew up in!

Okay I've gabbed enough, hope everyone has a good evening and gentle hugs to all.

Hugs from:
lizardlady, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, ~Christina