Thread: Ashes
View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jul 03, 2020 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

Do you mean increased depression (with the Lamictal reduction)? I'm always concerned about that, although Lamictal never did touch depression for me. It definitely helps me, in the sense that it is centering...grounding. I just wish she'd be okay with me trying to drop it down, see how thing go.

I'm on Pristiq, which has helped really well (with depression).
For me, a decrease in Lamictal could mean increased depression. I know it affects others differently. I actually regard my Lamictal as my "antidepressant" that is activating for me. My Seroquel XR contributes for both ends of the spectrum, depending on my dose and current situation.

I hope that if your psychiatrist recommends a small reduction in your Lamictal that you perhaps give that a try for at least a bit to see what happens. The reduction you're interested in seems like a huge one, indeed. I don't have anything against doses of 100 mg, though. I've taken 100 mg for almost 8 years now. I have been on doses of Lamictal up to 300 mg long ago in the past, and became severely manic w/psychosis on that dose (along with Abilify). I do appreciate my 100 mg of Lamictal, because it was that dose/med that pulled me out of a long depression (I was also on Lithium and Geodon at the time), but when I reached the 100 mg, I was getting very hypomanic. My doctor had to add a second antipsychotic to offset that. He chose not to increase the Lamictal since it was clearly activating for me, and had a history of being more so at the higher doses. Instead, he manipulates my Seroquel XR dose, usually up or down by 50 mg, unless I get more manic, at which time he increases it by 150 or 200 mg or so. Then when my mania eases, he lowers it again, but by small amounts.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Jul 03, 2020 at 10:27 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote