View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 03, 2020 at 02:20 PM

Thanks for posting this. I always wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night. But in my case it's because I have to go pee, & if I don't, I won't go back to sleep. So each time I wake up I drag myself out of bed & stumble down to the bathroom to relieve myself (which can be a bit of a challenge due to having had prostate surgery years ago.) My wife has told me I also stop breathing momentarily on occasion. And I know I snore.

Until recently it was a 50/50 proposition as to whether or not I'd go back to sleep once I was back in bed after getting up to go pee. Recently, though, I started taking Trazadone for sleep again. (I've taken it previously.) So now I still have to get up to go pee. But at least when I go back to bed I go back to sleep. I've also experienced episodes of sleep paralysis since I was at least in my teens... maybe even earlier. It's not possible to remember now. I only have them infrequently nowadays. I had them more regularly when I was young.

P.S. I would never use one of those CPAP contraptions either.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote