View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2020 at 02:00 AM

Lol....I am 67 & most women my age don't move 50lb bags of horse feed around or throw huge bales of hay into their truck to haul it up to the barn. Most women my age don't climb fences or mow acres of grass maintaining the mowing on 3 farms (mine included). Most women my age don't use a chain saw to cut up logs to clear areas of brush. Most women my age or maybe women in general don't repair & maintain their own lawn tractor or do auto repairs or even plumbing repairs.

I occassionally get the "you shouldn't do that" especially when I climb out on my roof to repair something.....but when you live alone & something needs done & either I don't have enough $$ to hire it done or the person hired never shows up....you learn to do it yourself. But I have always been more than capable of doing whatever I put my mind to throughout my life so when people realize I am quite capable they usually leave me alone to do whatever I do, I owing that when I need help, I will ask.

Lol....& no, at my age....I am definitely not ready for a nursing or assisted living home like some are. People have always looked at my abilities, not my age in the way they treat me....including in my my computer engineering career after getting my degree. I was always capable of things much beyond my age. It was harder when I was younger but I have always disregarded how people treat me & in my independent personality I did whatever I was capable of no matter how anyone chose to treat me. Always looked younger than my age but acted older....now I look my age....oh well

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, Littlepalm, MuseumGhost, sadp8r, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, sadp8r, tigerlily84, WovenGalaxy