View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Jul 04, 2020 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickLovesYou View Post
Have you ever isolated yourself to the point of never going off your block, only to do the garbage & get the mail? Not even see a doctor, dentist, barber or shopping?

That's me. I moved recently but back to isolation. I don't like it. I'm 49. I want to start functioning normally. I don't want to wait until things/my health get worse. I just don't want to feel the anxiety/panic outside. So far I can't find a walking buddy here in NYC. To make matters worse, I am pretty much homeless, living at my elderly Mom's place which is not permanent. I am looking into CUCS Housing & I think I have to get a new psychiatric evaluation by a psych doc bc I have not been seeing anyone for years or taking any meds anymore. The whole process can be overwhelming. The only plus is I have SSI.

A part of me feels like not fighting bc our world is broken anyway.

yes

in fact: this whole pandemic has made me realise how little I leave the house, and how often I just stay inside

someone asked me what do you miss during lockdown, and honestly I couldn't answer it

when all this is over, people will go back to their daily lives and their daily work or what ever, not me: I'll just continue living life in quaranteen
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MaverickLovesYou, seesaw