View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2020 at 07:17 PM

I’d say yes with two people there are two incomes. But there are also double the expenses. My husband and I make the same amount. When I lived alone, I used that amount on one person. Now when we are married we use double that amount but on two people. Our financial situation is the same as it was when both of us were single.

Unless you marry a very rich person or you yourself have no income at all, having a husband isn’t going to make you more financially secure.
I am happily married and we are there for each other but we aren’t more wealthy by having two incomes.

Now as about being there for procedures. Sure we are there for each other but it’s extremely important to have circle of supportive people besides just having a spouse. It’s extremely concerning that you have no one to take you. No good friends? Sure my husband takes me to procedures but what if he is sick that day? Now with pandemics he wouldn’t be allowed inside the hospital. So I can’t have surgery done because my husband is sick? You have to find people to rely on in emergency.

I absolutely agree that good marriage is a desirable thing. But honestly I never thought to marry for financial security or for having someone to take care of me. I wonder if it’s the root of the issue here. When looking for a partner, what qualities are you looking? Were you enjoying your husbands company? Was he your best friend? Did you have emotional closeness? Did you have fun together?
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MrMoose