View Single Post
floridaman38

Member Since Mar 2015
46 hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2020 at 03:48 AM

My wife has always been in a bad health situation. Diagnosed with MD at 9, several surgeries to remove bad organs over the years, car crash breaking over 20 bones, including compound fracture on shin, broke every rib, broke wrist. Falling from MD weakness had become a normal, resulting in broken hip, and a spiral fracture on femur. Then exactly one year from the femur break she gets diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and stage 1 cervical cancer, along with cancers all over her abdomen, then diagnosed with cancer on her bones and in her liver. She survived surgery from colon cancers and was getting treatment for the liver cancer, the bone cancer and the cervical cancer was resolved and everything was going great. Then she has liver function failure and begins to decline. She is on hospice now pretty much waiting to die from liver failure. I don't sleep because she has to have someone help her all night and I am the one to do it. I love my wife but I cannot stand to hear her moan in pain and she can barely talk, I have agreed to not sleep until the very end of this. How do you cope with losing a loved one basically before they have passed away?
floridaman38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope, lizardlady, TunedOut