View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 05, 2020 at 01:04 PM

I've lived with depression for at least 15 years, if not longer. I let that title influence my actions. And I know I'm not alone.

I am a person, not just an illness, or a term. We are given labels that are harmful, that keep us stuck. I choose not to be stuck, I need to undo programming that society has influenced.

I grew up with misinformed ideas, I wish there was more freedom to talk, instead of going mute, and submissive. Now I live in that same environment, and my image of myself is split into two parts. I want to open up, but I'm scared of the repercussions. In my family we don't talk about some topics, and it's keeping me stuck. I wish I could move out, but I don't have the money. I'm not on disability, I don't want to let how I was raised influence my present, but it does, everyday.

I am fighting myself on goal setting. I see the changes, but I'm listening to the fear. Faith in myself, not fear of the consequences. I can accomplish what I choose, I can make changes. And each change happens daily, if not every minute.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear, mote.of.soul, Train of Thought

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, mote.of.soul