View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 05, 2020 at 05:34 PM

Child is only 2. His parents might think that ton of toys presented at the same time (by different people) is overwhelming for a child and they like to space it out. If you sent clothes, you’d not expect he’d wear it all right away if it’s different season or bigger size. Maybe that’s how you can look at toys. It’s not something he must use right this minute. When time comes he’ll play with it

When we send gifts we can’t really put a condition on it that it must be opened and used right away. We can’t put any condition on it actually. I still have an outfit with a tag on that my mom got me, it’s an outfit that I needed an occasion for and I didn’t have an occasion like that. Does it mean I am being ungrateful. No it’s just there until I can actually wear it.

I understand your feelings are hurt. But it’s what it is. I have no doubts your gifts are awesome. I myself don’t buy anyone gifts that aren’t awesome. But no matter how awesome they are, I think it’s ok to wait for a kid to play with a new toy.

Well when my daughter has kids I might be in the same boat as you. I’ve no idea how it would play out. Kids do things their own way. It doesn’t always makes sense to us
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*