MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2020 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerox View Post
I'm a 31 year old with mental health issues, however, and I've demonstrated some pretty severe impulsive behavior recently.
Are you able to give examples of this, just to understand you better?

Quote:
All of my therapists have said my development has been hindered by my continuing to live and depend on them. One more or less accused my father of having Munchhausen by Proxy syndrome.
I have a 20yr old son with special needs. In terms of maturity, he functions at a younger age, too.. maybe 14-16, depending on the day. So when you mentioned you're at a young teen's maturity level, I wondered if you had special needs, too. You don't text in that way, though.. and surely your guy would have questioned it, too. So it makes me wonder why you're stuck at that age. What happened to you when you were that age (did you say 12?)

Munchausen syndrome.. yes, I've geard of that, and definitely concerning. Something sounds off to me.

You say you suffer from depression and are impulsive. I'm not sure what other health issues you're referring to that prevents you from leading an independent life apart from your parents. Do you pay them rent? Are they benefiting from you staying there?

Quote:
The reason my current therapist is in favor of exploring my sexuality is because he feels it would give me some autonomy. I agree. I've at least 'felt' more adult since my experience with the first guy.
I totally agree!! There's nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe it's time you explore other parts of you, too.

Quote:
I am annoyed that he's pushing me to out myself. He lives by himself, in an isolated area with few neighbors, with his son--the only family member he still has any relationship with--living in Florida (we're in Illinois...). It's much easier for him to do this.
He lives with his son but is closeted and wants you to spend the nights? Does his son know? I don't live in the states so I'm not sure how far that is from each other..?

Last edited by MsLady; Jul 05, 2020 at 06:55 PM..
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote