I need to vent. I’m angry as f***. I’m pissed because:

- A business colleague did not get back to me
- Another business colleague is ignoring me
- It’s taking so f’ing long to complete a project
- A so-called friend and business partner treats me like he’s my superior
- It’s taking so f’ing long to implement a client project
- A business colleague told me great job one day and bugger off the next
- I put on 20 pounds these last few months

I just needed to get this off my chest. Here’s what I’m going to do about these issues.

BUSINESS COLLEAGUE NOT GETTING BACK TO ME. To be fair, this same business colleague was very complimentary the last time we spoke. Plus, he made a very strategic introduction a couple of weeks ago, which he didn’t have to do. He told me that a very large company is very interested in my product.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. It was helpful to take a steps back and look at things more stoically - less emotionally.

ANOTHER COLLEAGUE IGNORING ME. To be fair, I have not reached out to him in months. This guy is a major industry figure, so it behooves me to keep a level head and to be patient. My product can make a big difference. HIs company also recently partnered with a company that could eventually become a very strategic partner. I need to continue to focus on bringing my product to market. Just take a deep breath and soldier on. A relationship with his company is hugely valuable to me.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. It was helpful to vent and put things in perspective. I would rather get angry “here” and be cool, calm and collected (and assertive) out “there”.

TOO LONG TO COMPLETE A PROJECT. To be fair, the extra time is allowing me to really hone in my message and positioning. The agreement should be ready for signature this week. Again, I know this has been a long time coming, but stay patient. Set a goal to update the messaging and presentation this week.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. I fortunately have some ramp because we landed a new project. I need to come up with a launch plan. In other words, assume the product is ready for launch in August, I need to define exactly what I need to do.

SO-CALLED FRIEND. To be fair, he has been a very good friend and I did very clearly let him know how I felt in no uncertain terms. It behooves me to stay friendly. I just need to be assertive when I’m around him. He’s got a huge ego and wants me to play second fiddle. I just need to be friendly and assertive. We’ll be fine.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. I like that I am motivated to be assertive.

CLIENT PROJECT TAKING TOO LONG. The good news is that you have made great progress the last few weeks and it looks like you addressed a couple of key issues. This guy is a big fan and will be a reference, so I just need to focus on reconnecting next week at which point I’ll show him a couple of new features.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. This has taken a long time but will be worth it in the end.

GREAT JOB THEN BUGGER OFF. To be fair, he didn’t tell me to bugger off. He simply wanted two colleagues with whom he’s worked for 15 years to take the lead on building the solution. You, very wisely, reached out to the two colleagues to educate them about your product. They responded very favorably both when they first saw the product and, second, to your education email. You’re definitely going to meet again. So, you could also take the attitude that it’s awesome that you’re involved in designing this very significant solution. Stay positive. Stay strong. Plus, don’t forget that you are about to sign a partnership agreement, which will create a phenomenal opportunity for you.

FEEL BETTER? Yes, definitely. This is a great opportunity. The fact that the two colleagues responded so positively to my email will also help my colleague feel better. Do the market opportunity exercise by working on your document and the messaging for the launch.

20 POUNDS. You have been able to lose this weight and body fat before and you can do it again. You know what you need to do and have started to do it. Use the anger from the above issues to fuel your motivation to get in phenomenal shape. In fact, this will be your full-time job for the next two weeks. You simply have to be disciplined especially about not snacking at night. You’ll workout - just push your intensity, which you are also starting to do. You already made good progress from yesterday to today by not snacking after 8 pm.

FEEL BETTER? Yes. I wish I could get rid of the fat over night, but I can and will fix this. It’s super important. It will give me the confidence to interact with anybody. I can and I will do this.
Noexcuses2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, CioCioSan1701, coolbreez, Rebirth13, SomeoneToUnderstand, wantobe, Werewoman, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, coolbreez