View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 12:02 AM

Just spoke to an old hospital pal. Very nice. He became floridly psychotic when he was 19 and shot and killed his mother. He has spent maybe 9 of the last 12 years in the state hospital. He does not have a violent bone in his body. He has a bad disease. Is very sweet and very gentle. I'd let him watch my daugher, no problem at all, as long as he was on his meds. Has a marvelous laugh, just delightful. Quite bright, too.

Despite what he has had to contend with, Thad remains positive nad hopeful. Manages to find hope for a future, which is well-founded, as he is bright and kind and good with people. He finds meaning in his life where he can, sometimes in seemingly small things. He is farily happy overall, all things considered.

I share this little story because I want people struggling to know that there are others with these illnesses with big challenges, too, who are pushing ahead, even if they are stuck in a giant hospital for years and decades. There is always hope that tomorrow may be a bit easier, brighter, and better.

Those patients in these hospitals with severe, severe illness truly are my heroes and I love each and every one of them from the bottom of my heart.

Love and hugs to all!!!

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous46341, falcon09, Fuzzybear, Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
falcon09, Moose72