View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jul 06, 2020 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Just spoke to an old hospital pal. Very nice. He became floridly psychotic when he was 19 and shot and killed his mother. He has spent maybe 9 of the last 12 years in the state hospital. He does not have a violent bone in his body. He has a bad disease. Is very sweet and very gentle. I'd let him watch my daugher, no problem at all, as long as he was on his meds. Has a marvelous laugh, just delightful. Quite bright, too.

Despite what he has had to contend with, Thad remains positive nad hopeful. Manages to find hope for a future, which is well-founded, as he is bright and kind and good with people. He finds meaning in his life where he can, sometimes in seemingly small things. He is farily happy overall, all things considered.

I share this little story because I want people struggling to know that there are others with these illnesses with big challenges, too, who are pushing ahead, even if they are stuck in a giant hospital for years and decades. There is always hope that tomorrow may be a bit easier, brighter, and better.

Those patients in these hospitals with severe, severe illness truly are my heroes and I love each and every one of them from the bottom of my heart.

Love and hugs to all!!!
Thanks for sharing Thad's story, bpcyclist. I agree that we can put such horrors in the past and move on in a positive way. I would think/hope that is what Thad's mother would have wanted him to do.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Jul 06, 2020 at 10:12 AM..

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist