Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttoask View Post
Thanks Divine 1966. Point made. But as I said in my original post, I DO think if a giver goes thru the effort & expense to give a gift, the receiver should open the gift as if it mattered. Not put it aside unopened "for later". I think there is an obligation there and to not give the giver the pleasure of seeing your response is rude, in my opinion. If they need a stash of toys to bring out on a rainy day, then that let that be a stash they bought themselves for Kai's rainy day, not the gifts of others. Would you be happy if Christmas gifts you bought people were put aside and opened end of February. Or you go to a birthday lunch with a friend bring a gift, and she put it down & wouldn't open it? Especially if they were gifts that you were excited to give? I feel like just a purse in the end.
My point wasn’t that you shouldn’t be upset they don’t open your gifts. It’s understandable you are hurt. My point was that you cannot control how other people do things even if it makes no sense to us or we fund upsetting

We have zero control over other people but we have control over ourselves.

We can either change how we do things or accept the reality. Third option is to continue being upset over something you cannot change.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*