Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I always dislike when I have way too many things to do in the morning. It is not my time of day. Busy mornings seem to be much more common with my husband working from home. I believe my evening medications, particularly the Seroquel XR, still sedate me a bit until maybe 12 noon. The sedation is not a painful kind of tired. No. It's just sedating enough to not allow me to easily haul butt and manage multiple things simultaneously. I then really ramp up as the day goes on, even to a negative degree (what would seem like hypomanic behavior). Then about an hour or two after I take my evening meds, the sedation comes back and I sleep well.

Since my husband started working from home because of the pandemic, my daily routine hours have shifted a bit. I'm preparing dinner earlier and earlier, and therefore taking my evening medications earlier. Sometimes I fall asleep as early as 8:30 pm, and other times I try to keep myself up until 10 pm. I have been waking up as early as 4 and 4:30 am, but then fall back to sleep a bit. Lately the second awakening has been later and later. Breakfast is at 7:30 to 8 am when it used to be 6:45 am. I can't speak for others in a similar situation, but I think it will be quite an adjustment when my husband returns to the office. He'll miss being able to literally roll out of bed and start working. He'll definitely miss being able to work in what he calls his "lounge outfits". Sometimes these outfits are hard to distinguish between pajama shorts outfits. Also, the fact that my legs are often smoother than his face, nowadays, is a real change.
Ah, yes, COVID attire.welp. I am in cycling garb 24/7. It is comfy and easy and decent enough that when I get the mail, noone glares. I saw tons and tons of women, especially, in sweats, yesterday, baggy, cozy sweats. Here, most women under the age of 50ish I see at the grocery or pharmacy are dressing like extremely hungover freshmen at the Univeristy of Oregon or Alabama at 1130 AM on a sleepy Sunday in November. I love it.

This far north, sleep can be challenging this time of year. First light is well before 0500 and las light, well aftyer 915 or so. Birds start singing at 4. Have to be careful of curtains and stuff if you are sensitive to light, as I am. I tend to wake up at first ight. Once i see it, zillions of years of my old hosptial job kick in...

Hugs!!!!!!

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Anonymous46341, Innerzone, Nammu