View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 03:56 PM

I've had 2 colonoscopies & didn't have any problems with either one. (The surgeon did remove one polyp during the second procedure.) I'm well overdue for a third. (I have a family history as well.) But I've pretty-much decided not to do it again. I have to die of something. And I'm not a person who wants to live to be 80 or 90 years old to say nothing of 100! I'm already too old.

I am under the impression that problems tend to occur more with older people than they do with younger folks. I don't know if it's still the case, but my understanding has been that they don't typically do routine colonoscopies on people over the age of 70 due to the potential for damage. But perhaps that has changed as the way the procedure is done has improved over time. I don't know. I have no experience with home colon cancer screening tests.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote