View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Jul 06, 2020 at 04:03 PM

What a day! I wanted to go biking with my dad today, but I lost the conical springs for my bike's front wheel axle. (Without these springs, the wheel can literally fall off as you're riding!) So, I had to drive to the bike shop at the last minute to buy some replacement springs. I talked to one of the associates and they said the shop gives them for FREE (assuming if you ask nicely). I was so happy! I was going to pay them for two sets of springs I asked for, but they were like, "nah, it's our treat."

Anyway, when I finally went riding with my dad, I ended up getting passed by a kid (who I guess was maybe 16 years old?) with a prosthetic leg! I was so amazed and impressed. The kid used his prosthetic leg to balance the left side of his body while he pedaled with his right leg. Damn, if that isn't some serious motivation, then I don't know what is. It was incredible.

Lately, I've been coming up with excuses not to do things or to push them off... but damn, if that kid could ride his bike with one leg faster uphill than I can with two legs, then I sure as hell can get off my lazy bum and actually go for a ride more often.

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Innerzone, Nammu, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Innerzone, Sometimes psychotic, Sunflower123, ~Christina