View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 04:38 PM

When I had my first (and only) colonoscopy I still had excellent insurance from my ex...and I had a procedure that wasn't invasive. It isn't clear to me now because I don't recall the details...but it seems that they expanded everything with AIR and took pictures.

I didn't have anything inserted except for a nozzle for air. It was more like an ultrasound.

When I went to a new health care provider they did the stool sample test. They mail the kit and I mail it back. It always comes up negative. But after a number of years you are supposed to go in for a colonoscopy.

I will say this: my sister, a nurse, died of colon cancer, and she never had a colonoscopy. It is a crazy story. In her late 50's she had some bad signs...some rectal bleeding...but still refused to have a colonoscopy. Our mother died of metastatic cancer that went to her colon. I didn't tell my sister what to do because no one could tell her what to do.

Well, she never had a colonoscopy and ended up with colon cancer and died. When I told my doctor he scheduled a colonoscopy for me the same week.

I am kind of afraid of the the invasive procedure, too...but I will probably have one.

Do it. My sister had...something like a 100 chemotherapy treatments. It was crazy. She had some special treatments. Her life was extended a bit...but not by much. She did not want to die. She wasn't ready.

If I were you I would express my fears to everyone. Even the technicians. Just tell everyone to take special care.

I think you can do the baseline colonoscopy and then the stool sample tests for several years. It will be okay.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady