Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Have you considered PODS? I just went to their website and entered data for my move to albuquerque.

Ah, so you've activated your move to Albuquerque? Good for you!

Well, am not up to this yet. I think I am going to ship my little truck because I don't think the little old lady is up to a 2,000 miles trek...and I need her on the other end.

I spent the weekend organizing my stuff and trying to cut down. The problem with the pandemic is I don't even know what is available for disposing goods. I used to donate furniture to a local Veteran's group and they would come with a truck and pick everything up. I plan on leaving my bed and just taking a futon I can roll up, a camp table, a few chairs, a sewing machine, some bookshelves, and a bike.

I don't know if my son would come out and we would drive a U-Haul back...or...I would do this PODS type thing. In that case...if my stuff and truck is shipped I would just need to hop on a plane.

Altogether I think the move and settling into a new area might cost around $5,000 - all of which I will have to charge.

I have to gather together some estimates this week...and also figure out where I want to live (the actual town) and start looking for places online.

My worst enemy is my anxiety.

I really want you to realize your dream and am happy you are taking those first steps. New Mexico is an awesome, magical state.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna