View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2020 at 11:41 PM

Wow, this is an interesting thread. I agree with Skeez. I think people want to keep us in the roles that make them feel the most comfortable. I don't think authenticity is very high on people's lists. Everyone wants things to be satisfactorily managed.

But now hell has broke loose all over the world. People are demanding more authenticity.

It is hard not to be personally affected.

During this time I have distanced or outright estranged myself from people who want to keep me "managed" by assigning me traits, or roles that are not relevant.

Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I have aligned myself with some YouTube outliers who engage in leading lives that are as close to authentic as they can get. They are not involved with the protests or anything political...but following one's own path can actually be a real challenge and also very political.

When I was young I didn't give a crap what anyone thought...and I had fun, followed my dreams, traveled, and led a very creative life.

Now I am on the other side of life. I am older...as old as Skeez almost...but I refuse to let it define me. Well, I am only now in the process of breaking out. I hate ageism. And now with Covid19 I am being more rigidly defined.

Something must be done about this.

I am not the old goddess I want to be. I have a vision but stepping into that vision is not easy.

I have spent four years torturing myself, head banging, and being very unhappy. I can't do it anymore. I literally cannot do it anymore.

I don't have advice for you on your path. Just saying...you are not alone.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, TunedOut